If you’re thinking about coming to London, then perhaps you have already decided what you want to do here, or why you want to live here. If you’re not sure what there is to see and do here, or you’re thinking about moving to London, then here’s what you need to know.
1. No visit to London is complete without a Tourist Trail. You’ll want to take in all the sights such as Buckingham Palace, The Houses of Parliament, Big Pen, the London Eye, and Tower Bridge. Perhaps you’ll take a guided tour, or maybe you’ll take the tube and discover this incredible for yourself.
2. The museums house some of the most important exhibits in the world. Whether you go to the National History Museum, the Imperial War Museum, the British Museum, the London transport Museum or the Science Museum, you’ll have an amazing time, and learn a lot about the past.
3. Unsurprisingly, there are many art galleries to visit in London. No matter whether you prefer traditional styles of art, or more modern art, by the grand masters or by newer artists, you’ll see priceless works of art in London. Why not try the National Gallery, the Tate, the Portrait Gallery, or the Saatchi Gallery, and see what styles of art you like.
4. London is known as one of the shopping capitals of the world. With it’s incredible range of shops, ranging from high street stores to designer boutiques, you’ll find all you need and more here. Why not visit Harrods or some of the other famous flagship stores while you’re here?
5. As one of the fashion capitals of the world, London is well known for its cutting edge designs and stylish people. If you want to be at the forefront of fashion, and stay one step ahead of the crowd, then why not see what colours and materials the fashion shows and local designers are using?
6. As well as the galleries and museums, other areas of popular culture are important and popular in London. If you’re a music lover, then you’ll love the wide variety of venues, ranging from the 02 for large concerts to much smaller pub venues, for lesser known musicians. In addition, the nightlife and clubs in London, are some of the best you’ll experience anywhere in the world. You’ll also want to take in a play at one of the theatres, and enjoy the nightlife that London is well renowned for.
7. Perhaps you’ll also make the time to go to a football match at one of the London Premiership Clubs, or cricket at Lords or the Oval. You might want to see what other sporting events are on when you visit.
8. If you’re keen on the city, then perhaps you’ll want to live here. With so many cultures and areas to live in, it’s an exciting place, and there’s always plenty to do. Perhaps you’ll want to live right in the centre, or maybe further afield will be better for you.
9. Many of the leading businesses are based in London, or have offices here. If you’re looking for a new job, or want to progress your career then perhaps you’ll want to come to London and see if you can find your perfect job.
10. Because of its excellent universities, and links to world class businesses and other employers, many people choose to study in London. Whether you’re an undergraduate looking for a London University, or looking to further your career with a postgraduate course or MBA, London really is the place to be.
Now you know more about London, and what there is to see and do here, why not book your trip, and see why so many people visit London every year?